Low- to Moderate-Income

Solar Program


'"The DNREC Low- to Moderate-Income (LMI) Solar Pilot Program is meant to bring renewable energy to a segment of the Delaware population that has historically been underserved by existing state programs and incentives."

There are two different pathways to qualify for receiving a cost-free or reduced-cost solar installation on your home


Low-Income Households

If you qualify for the low-income grant, you will receive a 4kW solar system, absolutely free! The LMI Program covers 100% of the cost. Low-income households must first apply for services through the Weatherization Assistance Program by calling the Energy Coordinating Agency at 302-504-6111.


Moderate-Income Households

If you qualify for the moderate-income grant, you will receive a 6kW solar system for only 30% of the cost; the program covers the other 70%! You are also eligible for a 30% Federal Tax credit.

Are you ready to start saving? 

For more information or to start your solar journey today, use the contact form or reach out to Kristin directly: